I will be reviewing my summer essential product since 2 years now, Lakme After Sun Gel. Its summer in India and Lord save us, the dry and hot weather is leaving us panting and wanting all the help we can get in the skin department. Lakme After Sun Gel is just what I need in this weather, read more to find out why I think of this absolute summer essential.
Ingredient List :
Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, BIS-PEG-18 methyl ethyl dimethyl silane, propylene glycol, niacinamide, triethanolamine, carbomer, perfume, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicilate, disodium EDTA, allantoin, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, lemongrass extract, cucumber fruit juice, lactic acid, DMDM hydration, iodopropynyl butyl carbamate.
Price: 175 INR for 50 gm
It is a gel based formula that absorbs quickly in the skin leaving the skin fresh and moisturized.
- It has a cooling sensation on face soothing the irritation of sun burns leaving the skin feeling fresh
- Absorbs really quickly in the skin
- Skin feels fresh and cool after application
- Love the refreshing Lemon Grass scent
- Comes in a really cute and attractive yellow packaging
- It has a really strong citrusy/lemon grass fragrance which may not fancy everyone
- It may help a little with the tan after prolonged use but nothing to boast of
- It may stretch dry skin a little, need to follow up with a good sunscreen or moisturiser
This is really effective product for sunburns, I do not think of it much as an tan removal product though.
Enjoy the summers.